Here at Sparx Digital, there are times we meet new clients who wish to undertake (or who have previously committed to) social media advertising and/or Google advertising campaigns – but without first defining any clear goals.
Many people don’t understand that the following are not clear or specific enough goals for business, advertising, or marketing success:
- Wanting more customers
- Wanting more website visitors
- Wanting more leads
- Wanting to be top in Google Search Ranks
- Wanting to generate more likes
- Wanting to make more money
Without clear, specific marketing goals that directly reflect the goals of your business, any digital advertising campaign (no matter how much potential it has) will simply not achieve its aims.
You must have measurable, clearly defined business goals in mind and know exactly what you want from your paid campaigns – and you need to define these before you engage a digital marketing agency to help you take your business to the next level.
In a nutshell, you need to be SMART.
What are SMART Marketing Goals?
You and your chosen digital agency will work as a team to achieve your business goals. But what are these?
You must understand and express exactly what you are working towards with your marketing campaign – of which social media or Google advertising are just a component. This includes knowing how you are going to measure the success of your campaign at every step.
Your business goals and your marketing goals must be aligned.
Your goals must be SMART:
Some examples of SMART marketing goals include:
- To rank number one on Google Search Results Pages for the Keyword “Gourmet Food Truck Gold Coast” within six to nine months as this will generate 200+ new website visitors monthly.
- To generate 10,000 site visitors, 500 new leads, and 30 new clients by the end of 2020.
- To increase your event registration to fill 100% of vacancies within three months.
Setting Marketing Goals that are aligned with your Business Goals
Have you clearly defined the goals of your business? This is the first step you must take – and only you can do this.
The overall goals of your business will dictate the marketing goals you will work towards.
- What are my Key Business Goals?
- Increase existing customer retention rates by 60%
- Build your client list by 50% within six months
- Increase sales of a particular product line by 100%
- How much revenue must I generate from my digital marketing efforts?
- How many sales/conversions do I need to meet this revenue goal?
- What is my conversion rate? How many leads do I need to meet this conversion rate (based on experience)?
- How much online traffic/clicks do I need to meet these goals?
- Set quarterly benchmarks and metrics for all of your key business goals.
Social Media Advertising – Where Do I Start?
Facebook is the world’s most popular social media platform and depending on your budget, your Facebook ads may potentially reach millions of people over time. As such, Facebook ads are a very powerful yet under-utilised form of advertising online and are among the most effective ways to reach the people who matter most to your business online.
To harness the power of social media advertising with Facebook Ads, you need to:
- Understand how Facebook Ads work and that they will work for your business.
- Have a specific goal.
- Use the appropriate promotional tools available on Facebook.
- Define your KPIs.
- Target your campaign.
- Create a pool of ads.
- Analyse your metrics to fine-tune your strategy.
Sparx Digital is here to help you with every aspect of your social media advertising campaign.
Social Media Advertising at Sparx
By setting well-defined marketing goals, you can achieve so much more. Sparx is here to help!
We have the expertise to guide you through the process and we can also help you when it comes to translating your business goals into marketing goals. We develop Facebook Ad campaigns that are engaging and dynamic and will trigger click-throughs to drive direct messages, phone calls, and store visits for your business. These are what ultimately lead to more sales and help you achieve your business goals.
Contact us today to discover more and to understand how we can help you define, set, and achieve the right marketing goals for your business.