Google Ads and social media advertising offer huge potential to grow your business when you use them properly. But what if you’re doing everything right and your online advertising campaigns just aren’t working? What if loads of people are clicking on your ads, but you just aren’t getting sales? What is going on?
The answer could lie in your website itself.
- Am I sending my campaigns to a relevant and optimised landing page?
- Is my website fresh and modern – or is it outdated?
- Does my site function perfectly?
- Does the message from my campaign align with what is on the landing page?
- Is my site optimised for mobile?
- Is my site captivating and appealing?
If you are sending people to your website, you need to understand that your website must be up to scratch before you commit to paid campaigns. If your site isn’t optimised for conversions, or it’s hard for customers to find the information they’re looking for on your website, they won’t be as likely to convert and you could be wasting ad spend!
Conversion Rate 101
“Conversion Rate” refers to the percentage of online users who take the desired action on a website. In terms of social media advertising and Google Ads, it relates to the percentage of clicks from ads that translate to a purchase or booking via your website.
- The average conversion rate is 2.35% *
- The top 10% of sites have conversion rates of over 11% *
Conversion rates depend, to an extent, upon whether you are using Social Media Advertising or Google Ads, your product, service, industry, and target audience. For example, the travel industry as a general rule has a much higher median conversion rate than does the real estate industry.
Is my Website Harming my Business?
Your website is the online face of your business and your brand.
It needs to inform, inspire confidence, establish trust, captivate, and compel visitors to convert.
An irrelevant, poorly-designed, bland, outdated, slow, or difficult to navigate website will drive customers away. It will create uncertainty, doubt, and ambivalence. It doesn’t matter if you have the very best product and service available – if your website doesn’t shine, your competitors online with better, more appealing websites will win the competition for the attention of your target audience.
Yet 63% of businesses do not have a structured approach to website optimisation.
By fixing your website, you can fix your conversion rate.
How To Fix Your Conversion Rate
Did you know?
- A call to action of fewer than 10 words improves conversion rate
- A one-second delay in page load time results in a 7% conversion rate drop
- Video content on a landing page can increase conversion rate by 80%
- More than 90% of consumers cite visual content as a factor in their decision to convert
- Businesses elicit a 55% increase in leads when they increase landing page numbers from 10 to 15
To optimise your conversion rate, your landing pages need to:
- Convey the value you are offering
- Eliminate distractions
- Reduce risk
- Create a sense of urgency
- Trigger FOMO (fear of missing out)
- Function quickly and seamlessly
- Be optimised for mobile
By redesigning your website, or even just tweaking it as needed, you can dramatically improve your conversion rate.
Some things to consider:
- Your home page and landing pages need to capture the attention of your visitors instantly. Online users have short attention spans – and the next big thing is just a click away if they are compelled from the outset. In fact, according to Paramount Digital***, you have just four seconds to draw your audience in.
- Your landing page experience needs to directly reflect your ads campaign message. You need to ensure your website, social media, and ads campaigns have consistent assets across all aspects.
- Keep your website up to date with relevant, current content. Ensure it has been proofread and is free of errors.
- Prominently display your call to action and make it easy for visitors to act on this.
- Display your contact information, and don’t just provide an online contact form. A physical address and phone number lends you authenticity and builds trust. Also include an “About Us” page.
- Display authentic testimonials from customers or clients.
Having your website designed and built by a professional like the team at Sparx Digital will enhance your result, for a polished, fully-functional website that ticks all your boxes and delivers on what it needs for results in terms of your chosen campaigns for paid advertising and search engine optimisation.
Fix your Low Conversion Rate with Sparx!
As a digital marketing agency, we are here to offer you the full package to help you get seen online by the right audience. This means not only harnessing the power of social media advertising and Google Ads, but also ensuring your website is optimised to convert – which means making it easy for customers to navigate your site, find what they seek, and complete a purchase.
Contact us today to discover how our friendly team of passionate thinkers, creators, and designers can build or revamp your website to exceed your expectations and those of your target audience – and to make your ad campaigns shine! Call 1300 477 279 or email us at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.