Do you have an onsite blog on your business website?
How often do you add new content to your blog?
Are you sharing your blog content on social media and elsewhere?
Blogging for business is becoming more and more important for maintaining and strengthening your online presence. It helps you stand out from your competitors, generate new leads, and attract new customers. Most businesses should absolutely have and maintain an onsite blog.
Blogging serves several purposes. It is great for businesses with websites (especially new websites) which seek to boost their ranks in organic search engine results. It is also very valuable and effective for new start-ups and other businesses which seek to educate, inform, and build their audience.
- Aids organic SEO by adding focused, relevant blog content to your website. This helps keep your site dynamic (and Google loves fresh content for ranking in search engines). It also provides great opportunities for you to backlink to relevant landing pages. This, in turn, helps your business compete with every other business providing the same or a similar value proposition.
- Helps define your brand by communicating your personality, experience, distinct character, and appeal to your target demographic. Whether you wish your brand and business to be perceived as professional, fun, serious, sophisticated, luxury, casual, edgy, elegant, adventurous, or any other quality, your blog can help you to easily build brand awareness and generate new high-value and relevant leads.
- Provides additional content to your website which you can share via social media platforms or include in eDMs such as Facebook, LinkedIn, or Google My Business. Social media is a crucial form of content marketing, and a fresh new blog article weekly, fortnightly, or monthly is a great addition to this.
- Can be used in advertising campaigns to educate your audience and drive customers to your website. Blogging actually can be as, if not more, effective as advertising when it comes to promoting your business.
- Lends you authenticity as an authority in your field for greater trust and enhanced customer loyalty.
- Tells stories to attract and retain your audience and build a rapport with them and creating an emotional response.
- Drives engagement by providing a channel for starting conversations with consumers. Blogs allow content to be presented in a more relaxed (yet still professional) way which welcomes and encourages commenting for the exchange of ideas. A great blog is also widely shareable via social media and email – spreading the word about your brand and generating valuable new leads through what is essentially word-of-mouth organic marketing.
- Strengthens your own expertise. Taking the time to write about your business, services, field, niche, or industry cements your own knowledge base. It improves your communication and commitment to your brand, and this leads to greater consumer trust.
- Is a great tool to build your email list. It directly benefits your email marketing strategy, as interested and captivated blog audience members sign up to your email newsletter.
What Else You Need to Know
Blogs may include all kinds of content:
- Important information
- Product showcases
- Your story
- Event broadcasts
- Topics of interest
- And much more
Blogging for business has certain goals, and to achieve high SEO results the blog needs to be written in a very considered and specific way, incorporating specific targeted keywords at a certain volume within the blog content, while also appealing to the target readership. This is not an easy task and most business owners and managers will employ a professional writer with SEO writing expertise and experience to deliver these articles.
Blogging for SEO is not the end of the story, however. The best business websites will also feature blogging for storytelling purposes. These blogs exist to captivate your audience and tell the story of your brand. They inform, entertain, drive engagement with the website and the brand, and help position you as an authentic leader in your industry and niche. Oftentimes, these blogs are written directly by the business owner who knows the business inside-out. They may, however, be delivered by a professional writer.
The best blogs will deliver both SEO and storytelling articles in one!
Your blog can be your greatest asset – or your biggest liability. You do need to understand that blogging, while it is important for many businesses, is not necessarily the right approach for every business. If you have a blog which is never updated or added to, it will serve no SEO benefit and will simply appear as a forgotten, neglected part of your overall business.
A well-written blog will:
- Captivate and inform or entertain
- Be updated with a new article at least monthly
- Be well researched
- Be grammatically precise and correct
- Read well, comply with its brand identity, and suit its target audience
- Be between 500-1200 words in length
- Drive traffic to your website
- Convert traffic into leads
- Establish your authority
- Drive results in the longer term
Sparx Can Hep With Your Blogs!
As part of our role as a leading digital marketing agency, we understand the ins and outs of blogging – who needs to do it, why it needs to be done, and how to do it right so that it reaps rewards for your business!
We have the expertise to help identify your blogging requirements, explain why it’s important for your unique business, and offer simple yet effective tips and guidelines to help you get started on your blogging journey.
Alternatively, our creative professional writing team can deliver blogs on your behalf! Whether for SEO or storytelling, we do it all! Informative, well researched, and interesting for your target audience to read, our blogging services will provide the right content as you need it to achieve your goals and get seen online by the right audience at the right time and in the right way.