It has never been more important to have a strong online presence; this is critical to your overall marketing strategy and business success, both online and offline. You need to pay close attention foremost to your website. Is it helping or hindering your business when it comes to achieving your goals?
Did you know that 75% of all consumers judge the credibility of a business based on the design and usability of its website?
In an increasingly crowded online marketplace, and with unprecedented options for consumers at the swipe of a screen or the click of a mouse, your website needs to stand out for all the right reasons. It also needs to be a fresh and modern online face of your brand and your business – like a shopfront or display window for a brick-and-mortar store. An old, outdated, clunky or bland website will not work for you in 2020 and beyond.
First Impressions Count – Even More so Online
These days, especially in the current COVID-19 world, your website is likely the first impression a potential customer will have of your business. It must reflect your brand identity, inform and engage your target audience, and encourage them to stay and explore your site. It also needs to be competitive to stand out from the multitude of other options available online.
Your website is also intrinsic to your visibility in search engine results, requiring it to ideally be designed with search engine optimisation in mind.
So, do you need a new website?
Top Reasons You May Need a New Website
- Your Site is Not Responsive – within Australia and Oceania, more than 40% of web traffic is mobile-based (Statistica.com). Your site MUST be mobile-optimised across a wide array of mobile devices and platforms including both Android and iOS to enable you to maintain a competitive advantage
- Your Site’s Speed is Slow – a slow or clunky site will frustrate users. Internet users’ attention spans are very limited, and any delay in your site’s loading will simply push potential customers away and to the sites of your competitors. Additionally, a slow site will incur compromised search engine ranking results.
- Your Design is Stale – your site must be captivating, fresh, and easy to navigate. It must leave a great first impression and a seamless user experience, with high-value content.
- You are Rebranding – every business can benefit from a rebrand after several years – to adapt to industry changes and excel against competitors. Your site must also clearly reflect your brand identity in terms of appearance, tone, etc.
- You Have Security Issues – cybersecurity is a major consideration and your site must be able to manage sensitive data and be safe from hackers. At a minimum, you need to consider data encryption and an SSL certificate, especially if you have an eCommerce site.
- Your Site is Not SEO-Optimised – there’s no point having a stunning website if the right audience never sees it. Search engine optimisation (SEO) is one way of making sure your site gets seen by the right people at the right time, and that it is seen before the websites of your competitors. A dynamic, fresh, SEO-optimised site is the key to achieving this.
- It’s Difficult to Update the Site Yourself – simple updates to your site should not be difficult for you to make yourself. You should be able to add or amend components of your site (e.g. product offerings, onsite blog or news) without issues or requiring advanced computer skills.
- Your Leads and/or Conversions are Low– is the right audience finding your site? Are site visitors staying and clicking through your landing pages? Are potential customers converting? If the answer to these is “no”, you may benefit from a new website.
Your website is your channel for new leads and more conversions. It’s not an understatement to say that it is the most important method you have to
- Convey your brand identity
- Showcase your products or services
- Generate new leads
- Convert your audience
It must be fresh, appealing, and evolve to meet the evolution of industry trends.
Is your website up to the challenge?
If you need a new website, Sparx Digital can help.