There are various ways to help yourself get seen online. These include having a well-optimised website, search engine optimisation (SEO), Facebook Ads, Google Ads, and more. Each has its place, and depending on your business and your overall marketing strategy, some may be more suitable for you than others.
95% of all internet searches within Australia are done via Google!
What are Google Ads?
Google Ads is the most widely-used and largest platform for advertising online.
There are different types of advertising available within the Google Ads platform that can be used in your marketing strategy, including Search Ads, Display Ads, Remarketing, YouTube Ads, and more. It is a complex and indepth topic, and for the purposes of this post, we will focus on Search Ads.
Otherwise known as pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, Google Ads advertise your website via Google’s Search Results. Search Ads are displayed at the top and throughout ranked search results on search results pages.
Google Ads are delivered to an audience directly based on their search activity.
Google Ads can be based on your:
How Do Google Ads Work?
Your ads are shown in response to an internet user entering specific search terms (or keywords) that you have selected. These relate to your business, your product, your brand, or your location, or a combination thereof.
This means that your ads are seen by only the people who have intentionally searched for those terms – so the right people who seek what you offer, and who have an intent to purchase, are the ones who see your ads and are directed to your website.
Unlike other forms of advertising, you pay for an ad only when an online user clicks on it, as opposed to when it is seen. This means you get more potential “bang-for-your-buck”.
You will bid on relevant keywords (search terms) to trigger paid ads to appear in Google search rankings. Google itself applies algorithms to rank ad placement for these search terms.
Google Ads can increase brand awareness by 80%
Is Search Advertising Right for Me?
Do you wish to:
- Pay only for advertising that generates click-throughs?
- Be seen by consumers when they are looking for you?
- Be seen by an audience close to your geographical location?
- Target multiple relevant audience segments?
- Send online audiences to specific landing pages on your website?
- Track your results with ease?
- Get fast results?
Pay-per-click advertising can also be used to:
- Target your competitors
- Trial messaging for other forms of marketing
- Target specific searcher locations, times, and demographics
Your Website – Make Sure your Ad Campaign Runs Efficiently
Your website needs to be optimised for Google Ads to be successful – in a similar way to how you need to optimise for SEO. Your website must work well and properly for PPC advertising to work at all.
Consider, for example:
- Are your PPC ads sending clicks to relevant landing pages?
- Are your ads relevant to what you are offering?
- Does your home page messaging match your PPC promises?
- Is your home page designed and developed to easily convert visitors?
Google will not automatically award the top ad position to the advertiser that pays the most. It will certainly look at the amount paid, but also assess the relevance of your ad compared with your target keywords, landing page experience, and your site functionality. With a great overall site that has highly relevant ads, you can pay less yet still achieve a higher ad position.
Google Ads will not impact SEO rankings for organic search results.
Why Do I Need a Professional to Run Google Ads?
A lot of business operators believe they can run Google Ads themselves. What they don’t understand is that, while it may be explained in simple terms, it is a very complex platform. It is far too easy to approach your Google Ads in a suboptimal way, and ultimately overspend money or waste opportunities for success if it’s not handled correctly.
Google Ads are not free, and you need to understand the nitty-gritty of how it works, how it fits with your daily budget limit, and how the platform is going to deploy your budget in real terms.
- What is your unique selling proposition?
- You need to understand your target audience – what they respond to, how they search, and what will be compelling to them.
- Have you selected the right search keywords? Is the volume there for you to rank highly for your search terms? Are your terms transactional, informational, or navigational? (Transactional are most suitable for PPC ads).
This is where Sparx Digital is here to help! Google Ads are among our top services and are an area of expertise for us. We have the right people with the industry insight and experience to listen to you and understand what you need from your website, and we can harness the potential of Google Ads to get the mix perfect to get the best possible results for you.
We are here to:
- Provide in-depth insight into how Google Ads work
- Help design and develop a highly optimised website
- Identify your unique selling proposition
- Research relevant keywords and search terms
- Set up and manage your Google Ads account
- Track your conversions
As a digital marketing agency, we are committed to empowering our clients’ businesses. We work with you to help you achieve your goals online, providing the industry insider expertise and experience you seek.
We can help you harness the power of Google Ads to deliver traffic and leads to your website, to help you boost your conversion rate and, ideally, get you more sales.
Contact us today to explore your options and to understand how Google Ads are right for you and your business.