We now live in a digital world and it has never been easier to advertise your business (or any other enterprise) than it is today. Thanks to online advertising platforms like Google Ads and social media advertising (including Facebook Ads), businesses of any size can get the word out in a targeted way to reach customers online – no matter where in the world they are. From campaigns with a local focus to global reach, online advertising is the way to go.
Why Digital Advertising?
Most people have their smartphones within arm’s reach at all times, and they can be accessed anytime, anywhere. This means that advertisers can reach consumers anytime, anywhere!
- In 2021, there are 20.6 million smartphones in Australia (RedSearch)
- Almost 55% of global web traffic in 2021 is conducted via mobile.
- Smartphone use represents 70% of the total time spent online globally.
- 94% of Australian smartphone users never leave home without their phone. (Deloitte)
- 60% of Australian households use their smartphones instead of traditional calendars, alarm clocks, calculators, cameras, street directories, and phone books.
- Australians commonly use smartphones to watch live TV, track fitness and health, stream TV and movies, make digital payments, transfer money, check weather and breaking news, and for gaming.
- Almost 70% of consumers prefer to access customer reviews online via their phone before making a purchase decision.
- Almost 70% of internet users access shopping apps via their smartphone or another mobile device. Furthermore, the option of mobile online shopping plays a significant role in brand selection and loyalty.
- Mobile Ads reflected more than 67% of total digital ad spend worldwide.
Digital, and mobile specifically, presents an unparalleled opportunity to advertise and get your message to the world. The key is to utmost success is to identify your best option among the available digital advertising platforms.
Digital Advertising Platforms – What’s Available?
Google is the leading platform for advertising online and is effective for driving traffic, boosting sales, and converting leads. Google Ads affords various opportunities to reach potential customers, particularly those who are actively seeking products and services at the time they are doing so.
Google Ads comprises several marketing and advertising options:
- Google Search text ads are displayed above, alongside, or below search results when your ad is triggered by a keyword search. These ads include information about your business including up to three titles, a display URL or your website, and a description. Google Search ads are an effective way to drive traffic to your landing page and suit everyone from small businesses with local offerings to large international brands.
- Google Display is a network facilitating online advertising for more than two million news sites, websites, blogs, and apps. It also allows advertisers to use rich media banners and other interactive features to stand out and captivate internet users. The package for Google Display includes YouTube Ads and it matches ad audience settings with high-value leads as they check mail, access websites, and watch videos.
- Google Maps listings are fantastic for local SEO and driving local business. It automatically occurs when you set up Google My Business and enter your business address. Your business will thereafter appear in local search results as well as on Google Maps.
- YouTube Ads are particularly effective, and many adults spend more time watching YouTube than TV. Video content, from music videos to movie trailers, how-tos, comedic snippets, and everything in between, are highly engaging and matching your advertising or branding content to the right audience can reap huge rewards. YouTube Ads include:
- In-Stream Videos – shown before, during, or after video content, with SKIP option available after 5 seconds.
- Bumper Ads – non-skippable, 6-second video ads shown within the main video.
- Discovery Video Ads – promoted in YouTube search results, on YouTube’s mobile homepage, or as a related video.
Facebook is second only to Google in terms of potential online advertising reach, thanks in part to its ownership of Instagram. There are two billion monthly Facebook users globally and 500 million daily Instagram users – so the possible reach of your content is astronomical!
Facebook Ads and Instagram Ads offer advertisers a golden opportunity to tailor and deliver targeted ads to the people who will be most receptive to them. You can run concurrent or separate ad campaigns with photo or video ads on:
- Facebook NewsFeed
- Facebook Stories
- Facebook Carousel Ads
- In Messenger
- Instagram News Feed
- Instagram Stories
- Facebook Audience Network
Social media advertising can be segmented easily based on audience metrics such as gender, location, age, interest, language, life events, and even their connections.
Which Option to Choose?
There are several things to consider:
- Business Analysis: understanding your business in-depth is the critical first step. Business analysis enables you to match your needs with the most suitable advertising platforms.
- Business type?
- Is the business local, statewide, national, or international?
- Do you offer eCommerce?
- Do you deliver online services?
- Do you have an online app?
- Target Analysis: who is your target audience? This includes your existing customers/clients and potential customers/clients. Consider their age, gender, location, interests, location, needs, and what devices they use and how. It’s also very valuable to gain an understanding of your competitors’ customers – as these represent a strong potential for lead generation for your business.
- Goal Definition: what is your business/offering objective? This may include:
- Brand awareness
- Product showcase
- Event broadcast
- Boost engagement
- Generate new leads
- Get more calls/enquiries
- Get more store visits
- Encourage signups
- Maximise conversions
- Choose Your Most Ideal Advertising Platform. The best option for your business and your goals may not be immediately obvious – and this is where Sparx can help!
Advertise Online with Sparx!
Sparx Digital offers a range of services including Google Ads and Facebook Ads to get real results and help your business get seen online by the right audience at the right time. Working with clients throughout Australia and across a vast pool of industries, we are a passionate, experienced team of digital experts and together we have what it takes to understand your business goals, help you explore your options, and identify the very best approach to deliver the results you deserve.
Want to up your online game? Choose Sparx! Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us today on 1300 477 279.