Google is, without a doubt, the contemporary “go-to” for most of us when we want any question answered “right now!” It plays a huge and pivotal role in how we find answers to not only life’s trivialities but also how we discover services and products that are local and easily accessible to us. But have you heard of “Google My Business”?
What is Google My Business?
Google My Business is a easy-to-use, free online tool which helps brands, businesses, and other organisations manage their online presence across the Google platform. It extends from basic Search to Maps and more.
With the Google My Business app, Google provides users with more options to manage the appearance of their business on the platform to help customers find it more appropriately and more easily. It also opens the door to tell the story of the business to captivate and engage with consumers.
Google My Business includes facilities for adding:
- your business name
- your location, including street address
- your opening hours
- email and phone contact details
You can also monitor customer feedback, reply to customer reviews, and use metrics to gain valuable insights into where and how and from where Google’s users are searching for you.
Benefits of Google My Business
Google My Business is a great launching pad for your local SEO efforts. It enhances your local search results as it allows comprehensive and up-to-date information on your business that is accurate and complete. This is required for the best search engine optimisation results.
According to Google, there are globally nine billion monthly local business searches that result in one billion phone calls and three billion requests for directions to local stores.
The other benefits of Google My Business (GMB) for business owners include:
- GMB directly listing is FREE to use – the business listing delivers free online advertising to your business or brand.
- GMB enhances your SEO efforts for better results.
- GMB boosts your visibility on Google Maps
- GMB is a central hub to manage the appearance of your business in Google Search and Google Maps.
With GMB, you can:
Manage your Information – this is what consumers see when they search for you online. Include street address, website, opening hours, and phone contact details. When verified by GMB, you are much more likely to be considered to be authentic and reputable by consumers.
Engage with Consumers – post photos of your services and products on your listings, and respond to customer reviews in a timely manner. Engagement drives click-throughs and lead generation.
Use Mobile – use the free GMB mobile app to conveniently update your business information and access your account anytime, anywhere.
Track your Results – with insights on search location origins, local search leads, and Google Ads campaigns.
How to Use Google My Business – In a Nutshell
- Create a GMB account for your business (you will need a Google account to do this) and follow the prompts.
- Verify Your Business – by email, phone, postcard, instant verification, or bulk verification.
- Optimise your Business Listing – by filling in information fields and adding images etc.
- Download the App – for iOS or Android
- Optimise and monitor.
Is your business struggling to be found on Google? Stand out from the crowd and contact Sparx Digital. The Sparx team are innovative, dynamic and digital marketing specialists. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call for a chat on (07) 5475 1911. We’d love to hear from you!